Cyman73 wrote:
> The Client1BusyTimeout() routine does get a tick count and tests if
> the time is greater than the timeout value.  The routine also calls
> Application.Process messages.
> Are you thinking that a Timer is a better way to go?

Yes, calling Application.ProcessMessages in a loop is evil, that causes
high CPU usage, if Sleep() is called as well a lot of performance will
be lost. Note that v6 comes with its own threadsave timer class (TIcsTimer)
that uses an already existing hidden window.

> If the HttpCli doesn't have a timeout implemented, how does one ever
> get a status code of 408.  I can't assign HttpCli1.StatusCode := 408;

StatusCode is a read only property. I would anyway derive my own component
from THttpCli that implements a TimeOut property.