Hello,

this one is slightly off topic but I like to know if ICS could be
affected by this phenomen as well (didn't yet find the time to test is):

I'm doing serial communications and have a timeout mechanism via timer.
If the other device doesn't answer within the timer interval I send out
the same command again. This is also fully event driven (like ICS).

Now I found out that sometimes I get two answers even if the device only
sends one. Further research showed me that there exist situations where
windows doesn't raise the data received event but the timeout timer
happens. Then I sent the same command again because I think (have to
think) that a real timeout occured and get shortly after when windows
does handle these data received events again two answers in the same
event: the original answer and the one to my timeout retry.

One thing to force it happen is to switch betweeen 2 pcs via KVM switch
where a USB keyboard is plugged in. The USB enumeration of the keyboard
seems to disrupt/interrupt windows so it's not telling me that my
expected answer has arrived.

Anyone noticed similar things yet?

Greetings

Markus