Thanks for answer, Angus!
If you need socks proxy for testing, you could use Squid or 3proxy
(http://3proxy.ru/?l=EN)

I am improving the component for my purposes now and could send to this mail
list my modifications.

Another thing is sending TYPE before receiving dir list or file. I think it's
not something that user want to implement manually.

procedure TCustomFtpCli.DirAsync;
begin
       HighLevelAsync(ftpDirAsync, [{}ftpFctTypeSet,{} ftpFctPort, ftpFctDir]);
end;

procedure TCustomFtpCli.GetAsync;
begin
     HighLevelAsync(ftpGetAsync, [{}ftpFctTypeSet{}, ftpFctPort, ftpFctGet]);
end;

All we have to do after that is to set Binary property before call to this
methods.

--
С наилучшими пожеланиями, Anton