> Yes. It would make most sense to use OpenSSL for most applications.
> I thought about the other direction only because in one of my
> applications there is a download size restraint and the OpenSSL
> libraries are fairly large.
>
> Given the sizes of the DLLs, I can imagine there is a huge amount
> of code in OpenSSL. But I suppose a good portion of the code is
> some legacy code that is not used most of the time. Then I don't
> know it enough to tell how big that portion is.

SSL has a lot of options and crypto methods. You have all into the DDL
whatever you use. Anyway, when you write a client, that client has to be
prepared to support whatever options the server has selected, so you need
all if you have to run in any environment.

Altough I don't really know, I don't thing there is a lot of legacy code
which is not really used.