Guillaume ROQUES wrote:
>> Request 1 Done.
>> StatusCode = 500
>> LastResponse was : "500 ESocketException: Not a WinSock error
>> (#10107 in Connect)"
>
>> I don't know how to understand this error, as my connections with
>> the component work in my tool (1)....
>
> OK, I found it ! It was my Firewall program..........

Personal firewalls and AV-programs can make a lot trouble.
Usually they inject a DLL into any process and hook the calls to
Winsock. Mostly they also install kernel drivers and or Layered
Service Providers and hook deep into the system.

> My solution, for the moment, was to disabled my firewall
> (hum....uninstall in fact, to be sure....) and then the FTPClient
> connect successfully !

Uninstalling is often the only way to get rid of them.

> Maybe it's when we create a service (TService) in delphi we've to
> work with Thread (TServiceThread) and these thread was not allowed by
> my firewall.....

Never saw a per-thread firewall?

> I use TServiceThread.Synchronize for all event concerning TService
> (Start, Stop, Pause, Continue) but not for my own procedure
> (InitConnections) which launch my FTPClient in a state machine. Do I
> have to use ServiceThread.Synchronize in my procedure too ?

You should create the component in the service thread, that is
OnStart or OnExecute if you want the events trigger in service thread
context. If you created it in TService.OnCreate events would trigger
in main thread context.

> It will
> be run under tne main process so I will (in theory) have no
> "security" problems....???

??

--
Arno Garrels