> THttpServer use a fixed class (TWSocketServer) for his server socket. So
> you
> can change the behaviour of that class. But to be able to do it, it is
> enough to do it the same way as it is done with the class used for client
> connection (ClientClass property). A simple change could be done to add a
> property ServerClass so that the HTTP server component instanciate that
> class when set to listening. That way you can derive your own class from
> TWSocketServer, change the behavior you need and plug it into the HTTP
> server component. Fairly easy to do.
>
> Yes we need this functionality for both HTTP and especially FTP
> Servers. I think it would be a good contribution to ICS
> code-flexibility.

Maybe you could implement it ?
Note that I have looked at the source code. See THttpServer.CreateSocket.
You can plug the change there.

CreateSocket is called from constructor and from Start method. At first
glance, it could be dropped from constructor. Verify that CreateSocket is
called wherever FWSocketServer is used or that Assigned(FWSocketServer) is
checked.