When I telneted in, I typed HEAD and hit ENTER with
no proper request string (no document resource) and
it got stuck.  I did the same thing with GET and I
got the standard error for a bad request.  I thought
it was our proxy here.  There seems to be something
wrong with the server then.

  -dZ.

Technologies[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent    : 11/5/2008 12:56:32 PM
>To      : twsocket@elists.org
>Cc      :
>Subject : RE: Re: [twsocket] THttpCli.Head bug
>
 >There is no proxy in between now. It must be a web
server issue as the jpg
also does not respond to head!.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 6:50 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just tested this using telnet, and just typing HEAD
> (even if the request is invalid) will cause the
> transaction to fail in a weird way.  My guess is that
> the problem is at the gateway (perhaps a proxy
> configuration issue?), or maybe the HTTP server itself.
>
>    -dZ.

telnet.
> IMO it is a bug of that website. login.ews probably
> correspond to a script
> which crashes with the head command.
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The author of the freeware multi-tier middleware
MidWare
> The author of the freeware Internet Component Suite
(ICS)
>   http://www.overbyte.be

> Visit our website at   http://www.overbyte.be

> Visit our website at  http://www.overbyte.be