> Your new account INI files as well as other INI files contain file
> names.

But I doubt any developers will be using non-ANSI file names.

> I also like to be able to copy some arbitrary text (Japanese looks
> so nice) into SMPT demo's message text Memo and get that restored.

Mail is a different issue, no problem with that being stored as Unicode.

> There's no problem if you write to HKCU.

There is if you want to configure settings for a service to use, with a
dfferent account or no account atall.  I use 'Dcouments and Settings\All
Users\Application Data'.

> But current INI files are stored 'virtualized' in Vista.

I use a CONFIG suffix so the OS does not mess with my files.

Angus