From: twsocket-boun...@elists.org [mailto:twsocket-boun...@elists.org] On
Behalf Of Francois PIETTE
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 2:16 PM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] ICS FTP What events

> I am still struggling with the ftp component because I want to make it
> work in async mode.
> I have checked this page,
> http://wiki.overbyte.be/wiki/index.php/Asynchronous_Paradigm
>
> Still can't figure out what events do I need, Whatever I do I get -->
> "Component not ready" or "Component not connected"

As stated on the page you mention, you cannot have two async methods called
one after the other. Async method are just starting the requested operation
and then return almost immedately while the requested operation take place
in the background.

Usually you use OnrequestDone to trigger next operation according to the
result of the operation you requested.

> OnRequestDone? --> tryed in many ways with no results.

This is the correct one. What do you mean by "no result" ?

> What is this "OnDisplay"?, on what display?

Display the messages the component send to the server and the replies from
the server. This may help a lot understand what's going on.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be