From: david...@hotmail.com
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: RE: [twsocket] FW: problem with Httpcli and Tstream and Delphi 2009
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:40:09 +0000

Hello Arno,

I am using the example including in the ICS, "HTTP Test" in the opcion of data
I Wrote  "test=2" and then I use the POST button, under other versions of
delphi always works fine but with delphi 9 dont work, it seems that tstream
works with char type.  I used the Wireshark to see the data that is sent to the
server and the data is send to the server incorrectly.

I always use the examples of ICS application to write my programs, Is there
another way to do a Post function without using tstream.

Saludos

David Rodriguez Salazar

> From: arno.garr...@gmx.de
> To: twsocket@elists.org
> Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:13:59 +0100
> Subject: Re: [twsocket] FW: problem with Httpcli and Tstream and Delphi 2009
>
> Hello David
>
> > I have a problem with this component ICSHttpprotocol under delphi 9,
> > the problem is when I send data using post, the data is converted in
> > the new style of delphi 9 (char = 2 bytes),
>
> ICS does not convert posted data. It sends the content of the stream as
> is, byte per byte.
>
> > and the data is sent
> > corrupted, so the server fails.
>
> Do not send Unicode text.
>
> > The problem is when the data is copy
> > from Fsendstream (tstream-char) to FSendBuffer (Byte) in the
> > procedure SocketDataSent. Pls, Check the code.
> >
> > I also attached the capture and the data send to the server.
> >
> > In the example and send "test=2" but the data is send as "t.e.s.",
> > the dot means character 0.
>
> This is no bug but "as designed"! If you have to POST text it must be
> encoded with the correct code page.
>
> --
> Arno Garrels

Keep your friends updated— even when you’re not signed in.