I solved this problem. If the property for the EmulVT "Log" is set to true, then EMULVT.LOG is used for logging. I set the property to FALSE and then programmatically set my LogFileName followed by setting TnEMulVT.Log to TRUE inside the code. The key was disabling the property at design time so it could be activated at run time.

Thanks.

List: twsocket
Subject: Re: [twsocket] TnEmulVT: How to assign the FLogFileName dynamically
From: "Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd" <angus () magsys ! co ! uk>
Date: 2010-01-30 9:02:00
[Download message RAW]

How do I accomplish this? The line below appears to override
attempts to set the property at run time.

FLogFileName := 'EMULVT.LOG'; // angus V6.01

That line simple sets the default file name, which can then be changed by
the LogFileName property, before calling the Log property to start
logging.

What is your actual problem?

Angus