> My very personal reason is that I don't like APIs documented in a
> Wiki as they are incomplete most of the time (e.g. lack of type
> information for properties and events) and the required effort to
> keep this in sync with the code is very high.

I agree, and I've said the same thing to Francois several times over the
years.  Probably 50% of the documentation value is accurate properties,
methods and events which can be created automatically from the source
code.

Adding descriptive documentation in the source for new changes should not
take a developer very long, I usually document my changes in various
places in the source so people understand what I've done and why.  But
adding the initial documentation to the source is very tedious, and even
harder for non-English speakers.

I've used F1Help from Janco Tanis for 10 years to document my RAS
component, he kindly sent me the Delphi source so I could fix a couple of
bugs when he stopped supporting it, but it would probably need another
update to handle the vast number of ICS units.  It originally took me
about a month to document the four main units in the RAS component, which
is the main reason it became commercial, so I got paid for my time.

Angus