On May 20, 2010, at 05:59, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:

>> The temporary URI SHOULD be given by the Location field in the
>> response. Unless the request method was HEAD
>
> I am using the HEAD method, this is a web site checker confirming 1,500
> URLs in a database still exist each week...  I'll try GET.

It is not clear to me from the spec, but if it makes the express assertion that
it "SHOULD" give the new URI in the response to non-HEAD requests, by omission
it seems to me that it then "MUST" do so for HEAD.

Either way, I wouldn't rely on a URI being given, ever.  Like Stan said, it is
up to the client to avoid loops.

        dZ.

--
        DZ-Jay [TeamICS]