> It is not clear to me from the spec, but if it makes the express
> assertion that it "SHOULD" give the new URI in the response to
> non-HEAD requests, by omission it seems to me that it then "MUST"
> do so for HEAD.

It's not unusual for servers to treat HEAD differently, I had to fix the
ICS web application server for that bug last year <g>

> Either way, I wouldn't rely on a URI being given, ever.  Like Stan
> said, it is up to the client to avoid loops.

HttpProt does have a loop counter which is stopping looping, but does not
seem to be giving a clean response, difficult to debug since this code is
dependent up SQL lookups.

Angus