More info:

What our proxy server application does (which works) for basic and digest
authentication is the HTTP client to call the onheaderdata and onheaderend,
..., ondocend and onrequestdone so that it can pump the 401 headers as a
tunnel. It is up to the client to send the 401 negotiation requests and
finally the POST data which will be pumped to target web server. As I said
this works fine for basic and digest but not for NTLM--the OnRequestDone is
never called.

HTH,

SZ