si...@fantaziachat.com wrote:
> ?here my code so fare
>
> http://projects.psd-designs.com/servercode.txt
>
> so you can see what am trying to do basically all I want is a custom
> vcl based on the serversocket so that am able to add my own options
> with out effecting overbyte source.

I see, so it's a component derived directly from TWSocketServer.
There's also the option to encapsulate an instance of TWSocketServer
in an outer (wrapper) component and to expose only those methods and
properties actually needed.

{code}
type
TMyWrapper = class(TIcsWndControl)
private
  FSocketServer: TWSocketServer;
public
  constructor Create(AOwner: TComponent); override;
  procedure Listen;
end;

implementation

constructor TMyWrapper.Create(AOwner: TComponent);
begin
  inherited;
  FSocketServer := TWSocketServer.Create(Self);
end;

procedure TMyWrapper.Listen;
begin
  FSocketServer.Listen;
end;
{code}

The THttpServer and TFtpServer are designed like that which
makes much sense with TWSocketServer since it exposes tons
of unused methods, properties and events of its ancestor
class TWSocket.