Fastream Technologies wrote:
> Dear Arno,
>
> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Arno Garrels <arno.garr...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Fastream Technologies wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have received the below report from a tester. What could be the
>>> cause of it, any idea?
>>
>> From the stack trace it looks like the exception is raised
>> in TComponent.RemoveFreeNotifications of the CtrlSocket.
>>
>> Is the SslContext or an IcsLogger instance shared across multiple
>> threads? If so, they might have been destroyed by another thread yet?
>>
>> Do you make sure that all threads are finished before you exit the
>> application?

> We do not use IcsLoggers as NO_DEBUG_LOG is defined. We have
> TSslContext objects defined in the listener thread which has many
> worker threads with THttpConnection's and TSslHttpCli's inside. This
> exception is not thrown when the program is exiting and when the
> worker threads are destructed. We have separate thread,

The VCL and its component notification system is not thread-safe,
that's likely the cause of the AV. Change your code to use one
instance of TSslContext per thread, that should resolve it (I
remember I claimed that TSslContext was thread-safe some years
back, but did not take component notification into account, sorry).

--
Arno Garrels