I'm pretty sure I mailed mine a few years ago, but might as well send
another :) I just do see more and more people lately using Indy by default
since it started coming packed with Delphi, and they either don't know about
ICS or prefer the simplicity of Indy. I prefer ICS for the control it gives
me over everything that's going on, for the non-blocking calls, the
performance, the extra stuff, and overall how it works, it's really a great
piece of software, I use it in all my applications that required net access.
I see Indy for example has components even to manage Cookies, leaving the
user with no clue what's going on behind the scenes, I prefer handling that
myself.