emanuele bizzarri wrote:
> Hi,
> in order to support squid proxy with NTLM auth, I've made some changes
> to ics source code.
> The problem I found was related to unicode, not supported by squid.

Hello Emanuele,

I agree with you that OverbyteIcsNtlmMsgs.pas only supports Unicode
NTLM messages. However I recently implemented proxy support in TWSocket
and tested that stuff against Squid proxy, it did work with current
OverbyteIcsNtlmMsgs.pas fine. So at least that version of Squid I used
for testing must have supported Unicode.

If this actually requires a fix there should be a solution that can
be used in all components not just a separate fix for the HTTP client
IMO.
Whether Unicode or OEM strings are used in the NTLM communication
should be an implementation detail hidden to the component user.
Your fix doesn't fix for instance the NtlmGetMessage2 result,
I wonder what the TNTLM_Msg2_Info result looks like with your proxy?