Hi,

> I would like to instead use the first option and not have it cut off on
> the first word.  Is that possible?

The result is depending on the email reader of the recipient and not
predicable if you don't follow the rules. See the RFC's for header lines in
emails therefore. You must build a header like this: "the name" <the@mail>.
If you do so then it will be in each email reader what you expect.

--
mvg, Wilfried
http://www.mestdagh.biz