> Persistant headers are not usefull cause only certain Mimetype need
> special headers
> And I believe this is not just a special scenario for our apps.
> According to Pagespeed and feedback from our users this relative
> simple change (Date and Expire headers) improved the response times

I'm just about to change to HttpServer MIME handling again, to use a
look-up list read from the Windows classes registry or a text file) when
the server starts, to replace the current hard coded MIME list.  It will
be editable by the application.

I have noticed with my own application that images are continually
downloaded on page refresh and never cached by the browser, but since
they are very small I've never got around to checking the headers.
Obviously I want don't want dynamic htm pages to be cached, but do want
images cached.

It would be best if most of this was handled in the HttpServer rather
than events the application needs to process.  So maybe the new MIME list
could add flags or actual headers to add for differing file types?

Exactly what custom headers do we need for differing MIME types?  We can
handle current date with a header mask.

Angus