I agree that Delphi 5/7/2007 are very old tools and have various
restrictions, but I work in a company that has all source code in Delphi5
are over 15,000 .pas.

  And the worst we still use BDE. To upgrade to a version of Delphi XE
we'll take years, because we need to upgrade the BDE also with thousands of
queries too.

  So I need to try make this software working for more time possible, I
imagine that the whole structure will to collapse in the next version of
windows(8), because we have a lot of bugs with Windows 7 64bit, Oracle 11g
and MSSQL 2008, but I'm just a developer and don't take decisions, bosses
don't want to spend more time on Delphi, but want running the old software
for more time.

Summary, I work at a company that has a large legacy application with more
than 15 years of development in Delphi, since 2000 with Delphi5.

And I have a huge problem to keep it working.

Thanks,
Cláudio.