Hi Angus,

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 09:42 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

> > > Here's the problem, there's nothing more received but a
> > > connection close after around 10 seconds?
> >
> > Ok, now we know, how do I fix it? I have no idea.
>
> This is unlikely to be specifically an ICS issue since there is no
> problem on ports other than 25, you need to find out why no further data
> is being received.
>
> It could be firewall/anti-spam software or appliances, a router, your ISP,
> etc.  Does it fail on multiple PCs, with different internet connections
> and ISPs?

Thanks for the suggestions. I know from my own experience, when you
can't reproduce something like this, it makes determining the problem
so much more difficult, but your suggestions came at the right time.
All I was looking for was a clue :)

I updated my AV software and the problem disappeared! Looking back,
it may have started after the last AV update.

> Sorry we can not be more specific, but until an issue such as this
> can be reliably reproduced, it can not fixed.

Understandable. I very much appreciate your willingness to at least
make suggestions.

> The only odd thing I've seen is you are using OpenSSL 1.0.0d, whereas I
> still use v0.9.8r which has a much longer stable history.

I actually tried nearly ever version available and had the problem. I
just went with the newest because it was the newest.

It's fixed! Thanks so much for your reply,

George