On 31/01/2013 00:45, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
I soon have a web presence on xyz.com (not the real name) hosted by
Network Solutions.

Do you mean a shared web server, or a fully hosted server that you
control and on which you can install your own software?

The package is Essential (Hosting-Unix).

Is it possible to use my mail server on mail.xyz.com to send the
emails and bypass my ISP?

If you set-up a mail server on mail.xyz.com (which is not usually part of
web hosting) you can do whatever you like.

What I would like to do is use my program that uses ...SMTPCli to send emails to use mail.xyz.com to send emails and not my local ISP.

It seems to me that ...SMTPCli needs to use this local ISP
(mail.optusnet.com.au).

I want to manage email addresses in my own database and not enter them and
store them on xyz.com.

How would I set up ...SMTPCli to do this?

Thanks.

Raymond