Hello,

what's the best solution for the following scenario:

1. some network device answers on an UDP packet to some specific port
   (not matter what the packet contains)
2. by looking at the answer packet I can learn the IP of that device
3. I send UDP packets with a target address of 255.255.255.255

This works fine as long as only one network adapter is present in the
system. But with more than one Windows picks the one with a configured
gateway and doesn't send anything via the local ones without defined
gateway.

How to solve? Fetching the list of all local IPs of the PC the software
is running on would be doable and then having a loop sending such
messages to all of those IPs with some tailored target broadcast
address. But do better ways exist?

Greetings

Markus