> 3. I send UDP packets with a target address of 255.255.255.255
> This works fine as long as only one network adapter is present in
> the system. But with more than one Windows picks the one with a
> configured gateway and doesn't send anything via the local ones
> without defined gateway.

With TCP/IP, you normally set LocalAddr for the socket to determine which
interface is used, although this defaults to 0.0.0.0 so Windows chooses for you.
Not tried this with UDP broadcasting.

Wsocket.LocalIPList gives you a list of local IPs, but some interfaces can be
ignored (VirtualBox creates it's own with private addresses) and some may have
multiple IPs.   So it's best to use the IP Helper IPs to list interfaces and
choose one IP address for each you want to use.