I had problems before with the ftp Async client, where the server
(filezilla) was running on a fast machine on a gigabit network, and the
response to a QUIT was getting lost.  It's come back.

The server is a new AMD 6core 4ghz XP machine running the FileZilla
server on a gigabit network.  The client is a laptop (XP, celeron
1.6ghz, 100mb network interface).  The client sees the 221 GOODBYE
response to the QUIT but the QUIT times out.  It looks like the
server sends the response and closes the socket (what it should do) and
the client gets the response But during the response processing the fact
that the socket is closed cause the 221 responses status to be
ignored/overwritten.  WaitUntilReady just loops looking for ftpReady
and it never happens.

as a quick and dirty fix, in
DoneQuitAsync, I changed the StateChange from ftpInternalReady to ftpReady
and put the FControlSocket.CloseDelayed before the statechange.  This
works but it's a hack, and will come back to bit me.

Any idea
where the real problem is?

Thanks
JohnC