Am 18.02.2014 12:37, schrieb Noam weissman:
Hi,

What do you mean by handshake ? If you mean TCP handshake, yes it is
implemented on socket level.

BR,
Noam.

-----Original Message-----
From: TWSocket [mailto:twsocket-boun...@lists.elists.org] On Behalf Of
Syncro-Concept
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:17 PM
To: twsocket@lists.elists.org
Subject: [twsocket] Handshake of TWSocket

Hello,

is there anybody who can and will explain to me if the socket handshake
protocol is implemented and how the handshake works ? I have problems
connecting to socket applications using handshake.

Thanks in advance,

Andree

---
Diese E-Mail ist frei von Viren und Malware, denn der avast! Antivirus
Schutz ist aktiv.

************
computer viruses.
************

viruses.

As explained in RFC 6455 the socket handshake looks as follows:

e.g. Client sends, starting with GET ... in any order:

 GET /chat HTTP/1.1
 Host: server.example.com
 Upgrade: websocket
 Connection: Upgrade
 Sec-WebSocket-Key: dGhlIHNhbXBsZSBub25jZQ==
 Origin: http://example.com
 Sec-WebSocket-Protocol: chat, superchat
 Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13

Server reply ma be

 HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols
 Upgrade: websocket
 Connection: Upgrade
 Sec-WebSocket-Accept: s3pPLMBiTxaQ9kYGzzhZRbK+xOo=
 Sec-WebSocket-Protocol: chat

I have an IOS App implemented using the SocketRocket Framework. This Framework expects an answer from the Server which never arrives. So no connection will be established.

Where do I have to send this reply ?

Thanks in advance,

Andree

---