> is there anybody who can and will explain to me if the socket handshake
protocol is
> implemented and how the handshake works ? I have problems connecting to
> socket applications using handshake.

A socket by itself is not a protocol nor it implement any handshake. A
socket is just an abstraction layer to access network services. It is the
link to low level protocol engine such as TCP/IP and the applications which
then can implement higher level protocols such as HTTP (for web) and SMTP or
POP3 for email.

You should better describe your problem and you'll get a better answer.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be
Embarcadero MVP