> looked at the Wiki (when that was working

The SVN over night zips last successfully uploaded to the wiki server a week
ago, I've asked Fran├žois to chase his ISP.

The SVN zips can also be downloaded from:

http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magics.asp

but have not changed in the last week.

> I can connect and stream to approximately 3500 clients (500 per
> thread) simultaneously on an I7 machine

What OS is this?  Windows desktop systems are performance crippled to make you
buy proper Windows Servers.

There is only restricted non-paged memory in Windows, and I suspect you are
hitting that limit.

This has been discussed years here ago, but is not specifically an ICS issue,
Googling for socket based applications using thousands of connections may bring
some suggestions.

I've personally only tested several hundred connections, never any more.