> I am currently using 300 clients per thread on the multithreaded
> server component... not sure if I am already past you 100K limit,

I'm only using one thread for ICS. 100K was not really a limit as such, just to
give you idea of the server work load.

> Thanks for the info re the restarting the service (I was thinking
> along the lines of a monitoring app to monitor

My solution works because ICS handles this error sensibly and the application
remains responsive, it simply will not accept any new client connections (I
think).

My old custom client/server applications did used to lockup and stop processing
messages, albeit on Windows 2000/2003 server, so I did have a separate service
sending regular Windows messages to the main service and restarting if there
was no response, and rebooting the server if all else failed.  It also handled
remote software updating.

Many of these servers were unattended sites (bus garages), the application also
had to reboot the ADSL modems which locked up but that's another story.

I keep meaning to update this old monitoring application as a more generic
server monitor, but my newer applications don't seem to lock up so never had
the inclination.  Also Windows service controller is better than it used to be
at keeping services running.

Angus