> It would appear that this is a Windows Firewall issue after all.
> I am using Windows 10 and if I turn off the Private AND Public
> Firewalls, the problem of "peer reset" after a certain number of
> transfers does not occur.

Is Windows Firewall aware of your application?

You can add it to the exception list so the firewall ignores it.  Or
open the ports you needs, which is harder for FTP due to the data
channel.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366421.aspx

I wrote a MagFirewall component a couple of years ago but have not yet
used it in it's intended application, so not sure how much I ever
tested it.