On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 03:59:35PM +0200, Esteve Fernandez wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM,  <launch...@subscribed.udmvt.ru> wrote:
> >> uhm, never tried sorry
> > It looks like txAMQP lacks some error detection features and when something
> > erroneous happens, your program get stuck, since on error no callback is
> > called,
> > but also no errback. :(
>
> There's a question in the Answers section of the Launchpad page, which
> is fairly similar:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/txamqp/+question/84002
>
> The standard states that in case of any error, the connection will be
> closed.
But there was also something about sending the client a message with
the error description, just before the connection is dropped by the server.
It is not obvious, how would such messages be routed to one's application
via txamqp. I feel, that the code is simply missing. Tell me I was wrong,
please!

> But, in any case, errbacks are actually called if an error
> happens (it just happens to be a Closed exception), e.g using the
> inlineCallbacks idiom:
I have never seen that, when experimented! Are you sure? I just going to
try it all again now with some hope!

> yield channel.exchange_declare(exchange=name, type=type,
> durable=durable, auto_delete=auto_delete)
> try:
>         yield channel.exchange_declare(exchange=name, type=type,
> durable=durable, auto_delete=auto_delete)
> except Closed, mess: # You can't redeclare an exchange
>         print 'E1: %s' % mess
>
> > It is still possible to use twisted with pyamqplib (as with any other
> > syncronous
> > library) by moving all blocking calls out of reactor thread.
> > It is often preferable to put it into separate process (security &
> > perfomance),
> > that will serve some RPC-like service, you may ever implement it in twisted.
> > But, as you can see, some effort is required.
>
> BTW, if you want to do RPC over txAMQP, you may want to have a look at
> Thrift and the examples in src/examples/thrift
Yes, thrift looks good!

--
с уважением,
Алексей Шпагин