In a previous message, Forgeot Eric wrote:
> I remember your problem but it was a bit complicated for me because I've
> never generated a man page from txt2tags.
>
> If you just want to add '\" et to the first line of your man page, you
> may try:
>
> %!postproc(man): ".TH" '\" et\n.TH

Thanks Eric.  I solved that already.  What I haven't solved yet is
similar to what the other person was asking...inserting whitespace into
a table -- but for man/nroff instead of HTML.  What I want to do is
force the borders out further.  Any idea how to do this in txt2tags
man/nroff?  The non-blanking space solution may work great for HTML,
but no idea how to do the same for man/nroff at the moment.

By the way, for the record, I will be submitting patches soon for
txt2tags if you guys want to implement them.  One patch will address
the '\" et issue for Solaris (it won't break any other platforms
because it will be seen as a comment on all others).  And the other
patch will be for .nf/.fi blocks on HP-UX.  Apparently HP-UX nroff
requires a .PP after .fi or else the entire rest of the document is
hosed.  This is why my tables were not working there, but it had
nothing to do with the tables.  It took me a while to find out that
everything after the nroff .fi (in t2t, using  ```) was broken.
My solution was just to change the ".fi" to ".fi\n.PP\n" in the
Python code for the man module.  Again, it works fine on all other
Unix platforms.  Do you folks see any problem with me submitting these
patches to you for review?

Thanks...

-- Tom