Comment #5 on issue 39 by aureliojargas: Python version support
http://code.google.com/p/txt2tags/issues/detail?id=39

Thinking more about it, txt2tags 2.5 requires Python 2.0. The planned
break-everything txt2tags 3.0 release will be Python 3 compatible.

Now we're in the middle of this change. I don't think it will be nice to
our users breaking compat now in txt2tags 2.6 and then again in 3.0.

We can hold on and not use newer features, trying to stick with Python 2.0,
so users of txt2tags 2.5 can safely upgrade to 2.6. When the time to
upgrade to Python 3 comes, we do use all the new features.

How about it?