> There could / should also be support for txt2tags in popular blogging tools /
> CMS, such as Wordpress, Drupal etc.

In theory, I'm only interested by txt2tags integration with other
Python software, but I agree that a WordPress plugin could be very
useful.

> With the current "WikiWar", everyone believes one own syntax is the best so
> it's difficult to find a consensus. When Diaspora designed their formatting
> rules, they didn't think to txt2tags. Instead they used the not logical
> *italic*, **bold**:

They use PHP, txt2tags uses Python. This is a logical engineering choice.

> I don't think I could personally write this php module, but it could be a
> great project (and probably not that difficult) for anyone fluent in php :)

PHP is the past (and a part of the present, but not the future), the
goal is a wider use of Python, and this open the door for txt2tags,
but not write a bad txt2tags with a bad language as PHP, for bad PHP
projects by bad PHP programmers.

The only other language implementation we need is a JavaScript one,
for the client-side real-time visualization.

> Rednotebook is using a trick I like the most: it's mixing the wiki syntax (it
> remains educational for people so they can slowly learn the code) with a
> wysiwyg-like display, so people understand better the code:

Yes, RedNotebook display is really great.

> It would be really useful for web forms (in addition to the first point), but
> I don't know how it can be possible to implement this.

For a great JavaScript hacker, I think it's possible.

Florent

--
FLOSS Engineer & Lawyer