On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Aurelio Jargas <ve...@aurelio.net> wrote:

> Hi Galen,
>
> I'm sorry this makes you sad, but it's a design decision made to keep the
> program simple.
>
> Postproc filters are the way to do it, as you already did. Maybe you could
> simplify your customized mark to just {{i}} or even {i}?

Well, my main source of sadness here is that as soon as we start putting in
specific ways to generate a backend tag (<\1> in this case), we lose the
backend-independence that is one of the main selling points of txt2tags.

Though maybe it's just that my expectations are off.  What's the feeling of
the t2t community?  Are nontrivial t2t documents generally created with a
specific back-end in mind?

galen