At 20:48 1/21/2002 -0600, Dana Bussen wrote:
>Looking through the archives I could not find the answer to my question.....
>On a dual battery setup is the second battery the same size as the main
>battery?
>If not, what size is it? My bus has a water pump and a fridge.
=========================>
If you are going to use the relay method for dual battery charge it is
probably better to have the two batteries of the same size and age.

It is not ABSOLUTELY critical to do this, but you do want to try and stay
away from overcharging the "best" battery as the "lesser" battery attempts
to come up to full charge. To that degree, keeping the paralleled batteries
similar will result in a more "balanced" dual battery system.

Bob Perring
Consultant to Technology, ATD3
12715 Westmere
Houston, Texas 77077