On 2.5.2013. 11:25, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
Hi,

On 2-5-2013 11:07, Pero Peric wrote:
I have a site with thousands of news and many pages with regular
text/img content. For now, i've been using mnogosearch for a site
search. Is there anything new that could be used as a replacement for
it? Many years ago i used indexedsearch but it was not good for large
sites with many pages. Anything new here? Thx.

The best search solution I've found so far is Solr. You need Java on
your server or a hosted solr solution if you can't have Java.

There is a newsgroup / forum for solr [1] [2] and a forge project [3]
for more information and questions you might have.

[1] typo3.projects.solr
[2] http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/f/53/
[3] https://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-solr

Yeah, i gave it a look. I don't like much the fact that its java based - tomcat complicates things specially in Debian environment where you can't install "everything" what you want. Also, i'm not sure how well all thing is documented. I think i'll stick with mnogosearch if it still works on new TYPO3 installation :-) Thx!

Regards.