I am currently developing a website on Typo3 V6.0 and have found out that the
server I am to move the website to does not support the correct version of PHP.
 The server owners run several other Typo3 websites on the same box and are
concerned that upgrading PHP to the newest version would interrupt (or even
break) their current installations and therefore I have to use a lower version
of Typo3, v4.7.

Are there any guides on how to downgrade from newer versions of Typo3, because
I am having a lot of problems.  Things like the Extension Manager have stopped
functioning entirely, along with other symptoms.  Or would it be recommended to
manually create the framework or extensions, etc.. in V4.7 and then import the
t3d for the page-tree, forcing UIDs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.