Hi all,
Apologize for the extensive post an language.
TYPO3 7.6.32. The site contains 4 thousand pages, the content is not stored in the database but in /fileadmin. The content is fetched using the "fetchurl" plugin. The folders structure has the same hierarchical structure as the TYPO3 page tree as: fileadmin/folder1/folder2/file.html which is rendered as www.example.com/folder1/folder2/file.html In all cases the page tree corresponds exactly to the navigation structure of the web site.

Since the rendered pages in browsers are duplicated in /fileadmin, I protected /fileadmin using robots.txt to avoid indexing by crawlers. This worked ok for some 20 years without issues, but now I have received an email from Google that reads:

"Top Warnings. ... Some warnings can affect your appearance on Search; some might be reclassified as errors in the future. The following warnings were found on your site: Indexed blocked by robots.txt. As in /fileadmin. We recommend that you fix these issues... blah, blah blah."

The question is what's the best approach to overcome this problem?

I decided to move /fileadmin outside public_html and changing in fetchurl fileadmin/folder... by ../fileadmin/folder... But browsers can't render images, audio files, videos from outside public_html. Hence I must left those files in the public folder. That is I must have two /fileadmin in the site. Furthermore, I use Dreamweaver to create and upload pages to the server and that application do not understand how to place images in public_html while placing content below public_html.

I ran out of ideas, so I like to hear suggestions from anyone using the same TYPO3 files structure I'm using.