Paul,

While I agree with the proposed change, I would like to ask you to change
the URL from mashruteh.org to Wikimedia Commons. It's both shorter and more
stable. Here's the URL:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ettelaat13580305.pdf

Another thing I would like to ask is to replace the format used in the
Persian calendar: change "1358-03-05" to "1358/3/5 AP". That's the format
we have been using for other Persian dates in tz comments about Iran.

FWIW, apart from the mentioned panel, there's very little evidence of the
time change in the Ettela'at newspapers of the time. The only other
reference I found is in the May 26 newspaper about train schedules. It
says: "Following the decision of the Interim Government of the Islamic
Republic of Iran to advance the official time by one hour, the Iranian
State Railways announced that the scheduled departure times of trains
remain unchanged. Accordingly, if passengers have adjusted their clocks to
the new official time, they should arrive at the railway station exactly at
the time printed on their tickets."

Thanks,
Roozbeh

On Mon, Jul 27, 2026, 10:51 AM Paul Eggert via tz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks for the correction. From what you write, it appears that we
> misread the sources for that transition, and made the common mistake of
> thinking it was a transition at 24:00 when it was really a transition at
> 00:00. To fix this, I installed the attached patch on the development
> repository on GitHub.

Reply via email to