On Mon, 27 Jul 2026 at 15:41, Roozbeh Pournader via tz <[email protected]> wrote:
> While I agree with the proposed change, I would like to ask you to change > the URL from mashruteh.org to Wikimedia Commons. It's both shorter and > more stable. Here's the URL: > > https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ettelaat13580305.pdf > Thanks, patch attached with some additional clean-up nearby. I'd noticed that the archive on Wikimedia Commons is more complete as well. FWIW, the Thursday 24 May 1979 edition lists both that day's maghrib time and the following day's about an hour before the Saturday edition lists for Saturday and Sunday, which is consistent with the change being announced sometime Friday and implemented before the Saturday edition was published; 00:00 seems as reasonable as anything else, given the context around similar changes in Iran. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ettelaat13580303.pdf (For those following along, the panels in question are the ornamented tables near the top-right of the final page of each edition, directly below the newspaper's contact information in the corner.) FWIW, apart from the mentioned panel, there's very little evidence of the > time change in the Ettela'at newspapers of the time. The only other > reference I found is in the May 26 newspaper about train schedules. It > says: "Following the decision of the Interim Government of the Islamic > Republic of Iran to advance the official time by one hour, the Iranian > State Railways announced that the scheduled departure times of trains > remain unchanged. Accordingly, if passengers have adjusted their clocks to > the new official time, they should arrive at the railway station exactly at > the time printed on their tickets." > That was about all I could find myself (with the help of Google Lens live translation). -- Tim Parenti
0001-Additional-fixes-for-Iran-1979-change.patch
Description: Binary data
