On 2026-09-25 13:32, Paul Eggert wrote:
On 2026-09-25 13:12, Ashish Kumar wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/live/-7QOJOkAn5g?si=A1aNLnd8qHUZm09-&t=427 proclamation has been signed and hopefully published soon...

... That video of the proclamation signing doesn't say when the proclamation takes effect, a detail that will affect exactly what goes into TZDB, but presumably that detail will be published soon at <https://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/statutes/index_procs.php>.

Oh, I was mistaken here (Tim caught me on this). That video was merely of Premier Wab Kinew announcing the proposed change and signing a document. It was not a video of the Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba signing the proclamation that is needed for the new law to come into force. As far as I know, that proclamation has not been signed yet. <https://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/statutes/index_procs.php> doesn't record any signings since September 9. My apologies for giving the misimpression that things had progressed further than they actually have.

Today I wrote the office of the member of the legislative assembly for Lagimodière about this, as he is a member of the governing party in Manitoba and a software developer suggested he might be able to help speed this along.

Reply via email to