Hi everyone,

I'm a contractor with the BC gov't, and have been working through all of this 
for the last several months.  I understand the rationale for not jumping on 
PCT, but I'm less certain of the reason for choosing MST over PDT (and yes, 
I've read the comments in northamerica).  

As Brian says, MST is not commonly used in BC aside from those regions that 
adopted it, and can lead to some real confusion because of it's identification 
with Alberta.  I would say the common understanding in BC generally is that PDT 
is permanent, so PDT is the natural successor abbreviation.  That said, I'm 
unclear on how the decision on which way to go actually happens, and how I 
might advocate for PDT.

Within gov't, it's generally expected that we'll display PCT for dates after 
Nov. 1st, so I've got some work to do regardless.  

Justin Johnson

Reply via email to