> >> as davinci which is starting to be clean > > Sorry, but I can't find any board/ti which would be board/<vendor> you > mention above. Even not for davinci. I looked into u-boot-arm-master and > -next. and the code is start to be moved > > But what I can find in both trees are > > board/davinci/common > board/davinci/dvevm > board/davinci/schmoogie > board/davinci/<all other Davinci boards> > > This is 100% the same layout we use for OMAP3 boards. Looks fine to me. not to me > >>> We talk about *board* specific code here, it is totally unrelated to >>> <arch> or the <soc> we use. This board specific code configures an >>> OMAP3 (SoC) external companion chip which is on the board (or not). >>> Some boards which share the basic layout have this companion chip, >>> some not. Please note that original config options (we remove with >>> this patch) were the *board* config options (e.g. >>> CONFIG_OMAP3_BEAGLE) to enable the compilation of power.c, too. >> as show now the power.c code is shared by a lot's of omap3 boards >> and as you said it's a power companion for the omap3 >> >> so 2 choices >> move the code to cpu/omap3 as it's omap3 specific > > No and no. Above I mentioned why cpu/ is wrong (because it's board > related code) and that it's not OMAP3 (SoC) specific. It's (OMAP3) > *board* specific. > >> or to drivers/ > > Driver makes no sense either, because it's not a driver. Power.c *uses* > drivers e.g. I2C (like the board code) to access board components. no I2C is the communication bus, but you write a i2c drivers to manage the power chips so it's a drivers
> > Yes, I can do this. Unfortunately, you can't imagine how clever TI is > with selling mainly the same functionality (chips) with different chip > names. So most probably there is more than on chip name, and I'm not > sure if I will get them right. Most probably only TI marketing > department will get this right ;) why not start with the chip name or the familly name if they can be manage by the same driver Best Regards, J. _______________________________________________ U-Boot mailing list [email protected] http://lists.denx.de/mailman/listinfo/u-boot

