On 07/04/2014 04:31 AM, Xiubo Li-B47053 wrote:
This patch series depends on the following patch:

[U-Boot,v4,03/10] ARM: non-sec: reset CNTVOFF to zero

Before switching to non-secure, make sure that CNTVOFF is set
to zero on all CPUs. Otherwise, kernel running in non-secure
without HYP enabled (hence using virtual timers) may observe
But we have HYP enabled. In this case why are the series dependent on
this patch?

Well, if the HYP is enabled, the host OS will use the Physical timer,
and these CNTVOFFs could be cleared in kernel too.

When and where to clear them is better ? In uboot or in kernel when needed?

If HYP mode is available CNTVOFF is cleared in Linux. What I am trying to say is that it will work also without the patch you mentioned.

Diana