Hi Simon:

On 2019/5/23 上午3:39, Simon Glass wrote:
Hi Andy,

On Tue, 21 May 2019 at 19:43, Andy Yan <andys...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Andre:

Andre Przywara <andre.przyw...@arm.com> 于2019年5月20日周一 下午11:59写道:

On Mon, 20 May 2019 14:34:01 +0800
Andy Yan <andy....@rock-chips.com> wrote:

Hi,

On 2019/5/19 上午12:26, Simon Glass wrote:
Hi Andy,

Instead of this could you:

- move ATF?
All rockchip based arm64 ATF run from the start 64KB of dram as this
will give convenient for kernel manage the memory.
This is just BL31 of ATF, right?
ATF recently gained PIE support for BL31 [1], so by just enabling this in
platform.mk you will get a relocatable BL31 image, with a very minimal
runtime linker. Worked out of the box on Allwinner for me, but YMMV.
So you could load newer ATF builds everywhere.

This is not the root case, actually we want put ATF as close as possible to
the start of dram, this give linux kernel convenient to manage the memory.
But instead of 64KB you could put it at 32KB or 128KB. It's still in
the first 1MB. Linux won't care, right?

Does that help you?

On the other hand, change the ATF load address will break the
compatibility of the exiting firmware.
I am not sure what you mean with "compatibility of existing firmware"?
Surely you combine all the firmware components (SPL/TPL/ATF/U-Boot proper)
into one image? And there would be no real mix and match, with older
pre-compiled builds? So by changing the ATF base address and the load
address in TPL at the same time you won't have issues?

I mean older pre-compiled builds published by rockchip rkbin [1], many
projects and popular boards directly use this , for example Armbian. How to
change the base address of the pre-build binary?
  [1] https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkbin
Perhaps I am misunderstanding your intent here, but mainline U-Boot
should not be bound to the design decisions of old closed-source
binaries.

Indeed rockchip have submit the ATF support for rockchip platforms to ATF mainline. But the situation is: we see many people like  directly use the pre-build binary from rkbin, they are used on many popular boards and projects. Armbian is one of the example for this[0] , it use mainline u-boot, but use atf from rkbin for  some boards.

So we are really care about the compatibility.

[0]https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/rockchip64.conf <https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/rockchip64.conf>

[...]

Regards,
Simon