On 12/10/2023 04.17, Sean Anderson wrote:

> I was hoping you would respond to my most-recent email regarding this
> series.
> In particular:
>
> | Why does mkimage have to do this? Can't you just use truncate or, in a
> | binman context, align-size?

In both cases, that just affects the size of the file, but does not
affect the totalsize field in the fdt header.

Wrt. binman, just as I was somewhat misled by the short mkimage -h
output into thinking that this already worked as I expected, binman's
fit,align documentation can also be read that way - and the
_implementation_ certainly currently unconditionally translates a
fit,align property into a -B argument to mkimage. So if we don't want
mkimage to support a -B by itself, binman documentation and code would
probably need another patch to reject that as well.

Rasmus