On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:08:23 -0400, Jason <u-b...@lakedaemon.net> wrote:
> Since every Dreamplug on the market sets and uses MACH_TYPE_GURUPLUG, I
> think it's reasonable to use it (hopefully merged into u-boot) until the
> linux-arm tree gets sorted out and they accept new boards / machids.
> Then, the last patch can be added.

If we're going to re-flash a bunch of Dreamplug units with new u-boot,
I'd prefer we go ahead and set a new id.  If that means we have to carry
around a local kernel patch for a while until the new id gets merged
into the kernel.org tree, that seems much easier to cope with than
having to flash yet another new u-boot later?

Bdale